Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs

2008-07-29 04:03:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:03:25 +0200
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:37:56 +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:
29.07.2008 04:13, Nick Gray wrote:

Would like to discuss this with other interested parties, off-line if necessary

For now, let's keep this on-line. I believe others will be interested, too.

Absolutely.

(By the way - I believe that SELinux is not widely used as it's complicated to use effectively. Actually, none of my customers uses it, and I assume they've got their reasons...)

RHEL/CentOS ships with SELinux enabled by default. Consequently
I have already encountered several customer systems running with
SELinux enabled without their owners even noticing. (Typically
they call me because Apache says "permission denied" even after
setting all the files and directories involved to mode 777. ;-)
So I guess this question will start to appear more frequently.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH