Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs

2008-07-28 22:13:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] SELinux xattrs
From: Nick Gray <nick AT austin.rr DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:13:22 -0500
All,
New to list, looking for a good solution to backing up SELinux systems with MLS policies.
The last reference I can find to SELinux in the Bacula-Users list is dated 20 Feb 2007.
The reference was non-committal at best (see below). Is anyone working with/on/using this.

>On Tuesday 20 February 2007 07:54, Florin Andrei wrote:
>> With v2.0.2 on a recent Linux distro that supports SELinux, if I do a
>> restore from a backup, will the SELinux attributes of the files be
>> restored too?
>>
>> Is there any connection between SELinux attributes and "aclsupport = yes" ?
>
>I would like to know the answer when you figure it out.
>
>However, my best guess is that if you set ACL Support = yes, the SELinux
>attributes will be saved/restores since, unless I am mistaken, SELinux uses
>POSIX attributes.
>
>In any case, resetting the SELinux attributes is rather trivial ...
This is something I have to do. And could dedicate paid time to it, if I feel that is going somewhere. I have read that Amanda handles SELinux, but the information regarding that is cryptic as well. I would rather use Bacula if possible.
Would like to discuss this with other interested parties, off-line if necessary
--
Nick Gray
Magitek LTD.