Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore

2008-07-22 14:45:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:45:09 +0200
On Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:26:10 Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Andrea Venturoli ha scritto:
> > Martin Simmons ha scritto:
> >> Yes, it looks like a bug.  The ASSERT(0) is forcing a crash, so I
> >> suspect this part of the code is either unfinished or is never supposed
> >> to run.  The call to ASSERT(0) is still in the development version.
> >>
> >> I suggest putting the backtrace in your bug report, plus as much detail
> >> as possible about your configuration and what triggers the crash.
>
> Ok.
> Looks like this was a bug in sd. Thanks to Kern for providing a patch in
> less than 30 minutes!!!
>

> However, this does not seem to solve my problem completely.
> Here's, from director's output, what happens:
>
> 22-Jul 18:07 xxxxx-sd JobId 5506: End of file 30 on device "DDS-5"
> (/dev/nsa0), Volume "Ext81"
> 22-Jul 18:07 xxxxx-sd JobId 5506: End of Volume at file 30 on device
> "DDS-5" (/dev/nsa0), Volume "Ext81"
> 22-Jul 18:09 xxxxx-sd JobId 5506: Warning: acquire.c:271 Wrong Volume
> mounted on device "DDS-5" (/dev/nsa0): Wanted Ext82 have Ext81
> 22-Jul 18:09 xxxxx-sd JobId 5506: Ready to read from volume "Ext81" on
> device "DDS-5" (/dev/nsa0).
> 22-Jul 18:09 xxxxx-sd JobId 5506: Forward spacing Volume "Ext81" to
> file:block 29:0.
> 22-Jul 18:15 xxxxx-fd JobId 5506: Error: Uncompression error on file ...
> ERR=Zlib data error
>
> The the job obviously terminates with a *** Restore Error ***
>
> Just to be clear: I was not asked to go and change the tape in the drive.

What Volume was it reading?  Ext82 or Ext81.  If it was re-reading Ext81 then
we have a serious problem, and it is not suprising that it got the
uncompression error.  If it was reading Ext82, which is what it wanted, then
it implies a problem with the drive and you should check your kernel logs for
SCSI errors ...

If this is not an autochanger, I recommend that you also apply the
2.4.1-mount.patch, which you can find in the Source Forge Bacula patches
section.

Please let me know.

Kern