Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore

2008-07-20 19:55:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:55:17 -0400
Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Frank Sweetser ha scritto:
>
>> It looks like it attempted a traceback, which would have the really useful
>>  debugging information. Did you by any chance get an email from Bacula which
>>  contained the traceback?
>
> Yes, but quite useless since it had no debug info.
> I recompiled and did it all over again.
> The new traceback is here: http://netfence.it/download/bacula-sd-trace.txt
>
> I hope this can shed some light; otherwise I'm willing to provide any
> further info or do any further testing.

I've never been much at debugging C, but all of those zero values look to me
like the stack is completely trashed.

At this point, I'd suggest gathering up your information and opening up a bug
report:

http://bacula.org/en/?page=bugs

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken