Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore

2008-07-24 04:45:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:44:55 +0200
On Thursday 24 July 2008 09:42:03 Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Kern Sibbald ha scritto:
> > There is clearly a problem with manual tape changes, and though this case
> > sounds straight forward to test, it is not easy to automate the testing
> > and is also the kind of problem that takes a lot of time to fix.  As a
> > consequence, I recommend you fall back to 2.2.8 until we are sure it is
> > fixed.
>
> Should I file another bug report?

Yes, I was going to open one, but it is much better if you open one because
you can follow it easier.  I am working on it now, but so far am unable to
reproduce it -- it seems to work fine here :-(

Because of that a bit more info would help, so I suggest that in the bug
report, you include a copy of your bacula-dir.conf and bacula-sd.conf, and
please include the restore job output if you still have it, and also the
output it produced during the restore command.  That will help me know what
job, which tapes, ...   Finally, a "list volumes"  or "llist volume=xxx" and
llist volume=yyy" can be of a big help.

Best regards,

Kern