Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore

2008-07-21 06:33:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemons dies on restore
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: fs AT WPI DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:32:58 +0100

> Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> > Frank Sweetser ha scritto:
> >
> >> It looks like it attempted a traceback, which would have the really useful
> >>  debugging information. Did you by any chance get an email from Bacula
> >> which
> >>  contained the traceback?
> >
> > Yes, but quite useless since it had no debug info.
> > I recompiled and did it all over again.
> > The new traceback is here: http://netfence.it/download/bacula-sd-trace.txt
> >
> > I hope this can shed some light; otherwise I'm willing to provide any
> > further info or do any further testing.
>
> I've never been much at debugging C, but all of those zero values look to me
> like the stack is completely trashed.

It is more likely to be caused by gdb not working correctly with the system
libraries (lack of debug information in them).  Gdb then gives up when it find
something bad, so the report is incomplete.

The best thing is to attach gdb to the running SD soon after it starts and
then use the commands

bt
info all
thread apply all bt