Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup behavior with 2 tape drives

2008-07-10 16:09:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup behavior with 2 tape drives
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Win Htin" <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:09:50 -0400
> Also, ever tried virtual tape drives? The IBM TS3200 tape library we have
> has the capability but haven't tried out as yet. Wondering how Bacula will
> behave in that scenario.

Not that either. I use  a couple of DLT-IV drives for User public and
private folders on a 10 tape rotation and I have an Exabyte Magnium224
24 slot 2 drive LTO2 archive to backup everything else. At the moment
I have run around 12000 jobs and I have 16TB backed up with a 17GB
database and 5 million or so files. This is with around 40 clients ( a
mix of windows XP desktops and linux servers).

John