Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup behavior with 2 tape drives

2008-07-10 11:20:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup behavior with 2 tape drives
From: "Win Htin" <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:19:54 -0400
hi folks,

I am in the process of adding a second LTO4 tape drive to our tape changer. Currently, all backup clients are assigned to the same FULL and INCREMENTAL schedules. At present, each daily incremental or full backup, assigned to different pools, fits nicely onto ONE tape.

My question is, once I have the second tape drive, what will the default behavior be? Will Bacula try to grab two tapes at the same time and run the backups in parallel? I would prefer only one tape being used for full backups since those are taken off-site.

Cheers,

Win