Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot stat bacula.sql

2008-07-08 06:53:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot stat bacula.sql
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:53:29 +0200
Hi Kendall,

I just ran over this error again on another installation.
This time it was caused by a mismatch between the working directory I configured when building bacula and the fileset used by the catalog-backup job.

I configured bacula to use /var/bacula as working directory. This is where bacula.sql is written to. Yet the FileSet expects the catalog-dump to be at /var/lib/bacula.

I think this happened because I configured a different working directory than the previously installed bacula rpms and I didn't change the fileset config properly.

Hope this helps!

Nils

Kendall Shaw schrieb:
My job for backing up the catalog fails with:

Could not stat /var/bacula/bacula.sql: ERR=No such file or directory

If I run the RunBeforeJob command with the arguments it's given in the
job definition, it creates /var/bacula/bacula.sql.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Job {
  Name = asdf-catalog
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  FileSet = asdf-catalog
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = asdf-pool
  Client = asdf-fd
  Schedule = daily-after-backup
  # This creates an ASCII copy of the catalog
  RunBeforeJob = "/usr/local/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula
bacula"
  # This deletes the copy of the catalog
  RunAfterJob  = "/usr/local/libexec/bacula/delete_catalog_backup"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/BackupCatalog.bsr"
  Priority = 11                   # run after main backup
}

Kendall

!DSPAM:4872e841319231922047015!

--

BackOfficeService - Beratung und Service für Ihre IT -

Anschrift:

Niederkastenholzer Str. 40

53881 Euskirchen

Telefon:   +49 2255 953204