Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot stat bacula.sql

2008-07-19 23:43:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot stat bacula.sql
From: Kendall Shaw <kshaw AT kendallshaw DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:49:31 -0700
On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 09:59 +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 08.07.2008 06:13, Kendall Shaw wrote:
> > My job for backing up the catalog fails with:
> >
> > Could not stat /var/bacula/bacula.sql: ERR=No such file or directory
> >
> > If I run the RunBeforeJob command with the arguments it's given in the
> > job definition, it creates /var/bacula/bacula.sql.
>
> Does the job report mention the run before job?
>
> > Do you have any idea what the problem could be?
>
> Well, it would be worth checking what happens when you, as the bacula
> user, execute '/usr/local/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula
> bacula'. Two likely reasons for that not to create the needed SQL dump
> of the catalog are 1) wrong credetials to the database, i.e. you need
> to specify the correct user and password, or 2) the dump goes to some
> other place.
>
> If the make_catalog_backup script runs without error messages, you
> should have a look into that script and see where it puts the dump.
>
> Arno

Bacula was being run as a user with nologin as it's shell. I tried
changing the bacula user's shell to ksh, but I still get the error about
not being able to stat bacula.sql. If I run the same command and same
arguments, as the bacula user, it creates bacula.sql, e.g.:

su _bacula
/usr/local/libexec/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula

Looking at the script, it runs psql and directs the output
to /var/bacula/bacula.sql. Is bacula checking for the file after it
deletes it? What can the problem be?

Kendall