Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Not recycling volumes?

2008-07-08 04:44:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Not recycling volumes?
From: Kevin Thorpe <kevin AT pricetrak DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:53:10 +0100
I'm just trying to set bacula up and I've hit a snag which I can't
fathom out.

I've got a 'daily' pool of tapes which I use from monday to thursday,
reusing the tapes each week. I also have a larger pool of friday tapes.

Yesterday I reloaded the previous week's volume which had a retention
period of 5 days and the backup proceeded to append to the tape instead
of overwriting it. I've seen comments on the 'net about the tape status
needing to be 'full' or 'used' instead of append, but I don't know how
to arrange that to happen automatically after a backup completes.

any help gratefully received

Kevin Thorpe