Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and TLS

2008-06-30 09:04:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula and TLS
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:04:03 -0500
Jon Schewe wrote:
> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>
>>> but I'm having little success. I've set debugging
>>> up to 200 in the console and in the file daemon and I have yet to get
>>> anything terribly useful out of it. Hopefully someone has some known
>>> "gotchas" that I'm missing.
>>>

>> I don't know any gotchas - I found the connection encryption setup
>> quite straightforward - but here are some links which might help you:
>> http://www.devco.net/pubwiki/Bacula/TLS/
>>

> This guide worked well for getting my Linux clients going, however now
> I'm having a problem talking to my windows client. When I do a status on
> the windows client I get this:
> 30-Jun 07:38 jon-dir: *Console*.2008-06-30_07.38.19 Fatal error:
> Authorization problem: FD "File daemon:jen" did not advertise required
> TLS support.
>
> I don't *need* to have TLS support for the windows machine as it's on my
> local network, so I have two possible directions:
> 1) Fix the TLS problem
> 2) have some clients use TLS and some not, is this even possible?

A little more information. I'm able to get the client status now,
however once I add the "TLS Enable" line to the FileDaemon resource on
the windows client I am no longer able to start the windows service. I
get the generic "service quit unexpectedly" error. The event viewer only
shows that the bacula service died.

Any ideas?

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital