Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows Server 2008 system state backups

2008-06-26 07:28:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows Server 2008 system state backups
From: Chris Sarginson <chris.sarginson AT ukfast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:27:52 +0100
Hi Guys,

I am currently having some problems with running a System state backup
called via a script using ClientRunBeforeJob.  The script calls the
wbadmin.exe as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\wbadmin.exe START SYSTEMSTATEBACKUP -backupTarget:d:
-quiet

The output I get from Bacula is as follows:

26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: ClientRunBeforeJob: run command
"C:/windows/sysstate.bat"
26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: ClientRunBeforeJob:
26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: ClientRunBeforeJob:
C:\Windows\system32>C:\Windows\System32\wbadmin.exe START
SYSTEMSTATEBACKUP -backupTarget:d: -quiet
26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: ClientRunBeforeJob:
'C:\Windows\System32\wbadmin.exe' is not recognized as an internal or
external command,
26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: ClientRunBeforeJob: operable program
or batch file.
26-Jun 12:25 bkup_client JobId 192: Error: Runscript: ClientRunBeforeJob
returned non-zero status=1. ERR=Unknown error
26-Jun 12:25 Ziff-dir JobId 192: Fatal error: Bad response to
ClientRunBeforeJob command: wanted 2000 OK RunBefore
, got 2905 Bad RunBeforeJob command

Running the bat file manually works without issue, and I have also
changed the user the service runs as, but still get the same error.

Does anyone have any pointers with regards to this, I've had a look
through the archives and not come up with much.

Bacula Server is Bacula-2.2.8 Sourceforge RPM, Fedora Linux
Client is 2.4.0 Windows 2008 x86_64

Any more details required let me know.

Chris

--
Kind regards

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545

"The UK's Best Dedicated Hosting Provider" ISPA Awards 2008

"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" ISPA Awards 2007, 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester, M1 4BT
Registered in England. Number 384 5616