Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How do you backup your home computers?

2008-06-25 06:14:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How do you backup your home computers?
From: Terry Collins <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:06:51 +1000
David Legg wrote:

> If Bacula supported an rsync style backup that could somehow only backup
> the bits of each file that have changed instead of the whole file that
> might solve it.

rsync is NOT a backup system.
It is a file copy system.

A backup system includes AGED versions of data.
Tape is a proven long term storage media and not unsuprisingly, tape
storage formats have a longer life than such devices as floppies and
especially crud such as hard disks.

My MFM hard disks are trash, but the old QIC tapes are still readable.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Email: terryc200710 - at - woa.com.au Web: http://www.woa.com.au/terryc