Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] first time Bacula user getting error message trying to connect to director

2008-06-19 19:53:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] first time Bacula user getting error message trying to connect to director
From: David Browning <dbtrade AT optonline DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:53:22 -0400
I'm pretty new to linux, but not really new to networking. Haven't attempted
to compile anything myself yet, although I started to with bacula, but quit
when I hit errors. Thought I would revisit that once I get it running in
some fashion to really see what it does.

But I digress...

I'm trying to run Bacula on a Kubuntu version 8.04 installation. I'm using
SSH and VNC to operate and configure the Kubuntu machine as I want to run it
headless in a home server configuration.

I downloaded and installed the package version listed as 2.2.8-5ubuntu7 as
provided under the Adept package manager for Kubuntu

I'm using mySQL, which appears to be running. I went through the default
config files and changed the @whatever@ variables to fit my system, and
configured for File storage.

I started bacula-dir, bacula-sd and bacula-fd without errors.

I ran both BAT and BCONSOLE and receive the following error....

bconsole JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:129 Unable to connect to Director
daemon on xxxmyservernamexxx:9101. ERR=Connection refused.

I've searched for this error and come up empty. Turning to you because I'm
not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

db