Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] NTBackup Batch script to backup Exchange

2008-06-19 16:27:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] NTBackup Batch script to backup Exchange
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:26:56 +0200
Hi Keith

For what I've read, you can rely on the VSS snapshot (no individual mailbox
backup, but don't seem to be your way)
After that for a restore, we have to restore the exchange into "Restore Mag" if
the server is a new install.
Otherwise ( for the moment I don't know ) I don't understand if there or not a
real trouble.
After while VSS is what it's use on all windows part if it can restore a
registry why not a serveur.
For sure not as stable as a postfix/qmail restore would be.

In the next three week on one of my customers, I can try the backup restore of
their Exchange as we would have the new
hardware ready. So I would give it a try a give you some fresh informations.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland