Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] first time Bacula user getting error message trying to connect to director

2008-06-20 09:50:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] first time Bacula user getting error message trying to connect to director
From: David Browning <dbtrade AT optonline DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:50:47 -0400
I decided to revert to square one...or rather try to.

I uninstalled bacula and Mysql. Re-installed mysql and then followed the
Howto install bacula into deb, link taken from nearby post.

All went well until the ./grant_mysql_privileges where I got the error
message:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: No)
Error creating privileges.

I thought I would try to delete the bacula database from mysql, but lack the
password to access it, so that stumped me.

db