Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks

2008-06-06 11:31:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Janco van der Merwe <janco_va AT cks.co DOT za>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:31:22 -0400
Janco van der Merwe wrote:
> Sounds interesting, can you please send me the link? I'd love to take look
> at that solution - might help me with a problem that has been bugging me for
> a while where backup to USB Ext Drives are concerned.

That is likely a bit out of date. I probably have a newer version of the
script, but I am currently using a utility I wrote in C++ that has
extended capabilities. It would probably be a better fit. For one thing,
it allows assigning multiple physical drives as a single virtual
magazine. I don't believe the Bacula Wiki was around at the time I wrote
the howto, so the original howto was posted to Bacula Users.

I can, however, release the C++ as open source as well, so in the near
future I will put the C++ source for vchanger on Sourceforge. I will
also put a newer version of the howto on the Bacula wiki. I'll post a
note here when that is done.