Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks

2008-06-05 10:13:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks
From: "richard.hauswald" <richard.hauswald AT dser DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello list,
i'm new to this list, so here's a short introduction of mine: Name: Richard,
Job: Software Developer(Java), Origin: Germany

I'm also responsible for the IT infrastructur of our company, so I have to
deal with backups. I have a running bacula setup
which backups several machines on a weekly differential schedule based on 15
volumes. Additionally we run several servers outside
the companies network. For security reasons on each of the external machines
a seperate bacula setup is running doing the same stuff.
The local bacula server collects the external backups to its own hard drive
via rsync.

Now we reached the point where we want so have a copy of the backups stored
in a seperate place. Problem is a small budget and 1,4TB
of data which needs to be stored outside. My plan: 4 external 1TB hdds, 2
are connected to the backup server and the other two are
stored in a different secure place(of course the need be cycle...). Now my
question is, how to set up a job, volumepool and storage config,
to let bacula backup the backups to the external drives and automaticly
writing to the second hdd if the first is full.

Thanks in advance,
Richard