Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks

2008-06-05 10:39:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup 1,4TB to two usb 1TB disks
From: "richard.hauswald" <richard.hauswald AT dser DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:39:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Dan,
sounds great but wont fit to my situation. I must admit I messed up
describing the problem correctly. I'm sorry for that, here is additional
information:
The backup server runs a raid5 on an 8 port raid controller with 4 1TB
hdd's. I divided the backup data in VIP-Data and ordinary-Data cause of
budget issues... Ordinary Data is currently something around 0,7TB (as
described earlier VIP data is 1.4 TB) so both VIP and ordinary data wont fit
to the 2 TB USB hdd's. We are also using LVM's in the backup server to make
the process of extending the disk space of the server as easy as possible. I
thought about building a LVM over the 2 disks (another one for the other 2
disks) but I'm scared of possible data loss, if on hdd crashes. I think i
need something like virtual auto-charger using usb hard drives as "tape".
This way i could use the disks as "tapes". I searched through the manual
(pdf version) but did not find something appropriate.