Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table

2008-06-04 10:43:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table
From: Brian Hanna <bdhanna AT cmrr.umn DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:42:45 -0500
No, that's not quite it. Yes, auto_increment is limited by the field
size, but even with a bigint(20), max_rows is still stuck at 4294967295.
Even on tables in a 64-bit mysql installation.

This has something to do with mysql's myisam default data row pointer
size myisam_data_pointer_size, I think [1].

To correct this, I'd have to increase the data pointer size, restart the
database, and dump and reload the table?

Then go through the bacula database and increase all the FileId
references from int(10) to bigint(something)?

And would this problem exist with the Filename and Path tables too?

Hmmm.... sounds easier to dump my database and start over with a clean
bacula install every four years.

Probably need to consider these issues under a "large installation"
section in the manual.

[1]
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-system-variables.html#option_mysqld_myisam_data_pointer_size
**