Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table

2008-06-03 15:44:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table
From: David Romerstein <bacula AT hanov3r DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Brian Hanna wrote:

> Mysql won't go any larger than 4294967295 for a 32-bit mysql table? [2]

I think the issue is the data type of the field, not the 4GB limit of the
32-bit architecture. Unsigned int has a limit of 4294967295; unsigned
BigInt can go much higher.

As long as your actual number of rows is less than the 4.2 billion limit,
I would think you'd be able to change the data type to bigint and keep
going from where you are.

(Note: I'm not a MySQL expert, and I could be wrong. Please consult your
physician before starting any exercise regime.)

-- D