Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table (SOLVED)

2008-06-05 15:01:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula max_rows limit 4294967295 on File table (SOLVED)
From: Brian Hanna <bdhanna AT cmrr.umn DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:03:03 -0500
Brian Hanna wrote:
> Frank Sweetser wrote:
>>
>> For the duplicate key portion, you'll want to modify the column type
>> to contain more potential values.
>>
> I tried some more tests on a sample table, and it does appear with a
> bigint I can get auto_increment to go beyond 4294967295.
>
> max_rows isn't my problem, I guess.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

I backed up my database and did an "alter table modify FileId bigint(12)
unsigned not null auto_increment", which took an hour or so.

I also saw a "FileId" field in BaseFiles, so I did a similar alter table
there, just in case that would have to hold a FileId value. I didn't see
any other FileId key fields in other tables.

I checked my FileName and Path auto increment values, but they were ok,
nothing close to the 4.2 billion limit.

Afterwards I restarted bacula and ran a backup. The file attributes were
added, and my auto_increment is now at 4295088050!

I guess this isn't a max_rows problem after all.

Thanks very much for your help,

Brian