Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BAT bugs and enhancements?

2008-04-30 20:39:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BAT bugs and enhancements?
From: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
To: Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:39:12 -0400
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 11:34 +0200, Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> I have now tested some more and I'll try to be more accurate.
>
> Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net> wrote on 04/13/2008 02:40:05
> PM:
>
> > Hello BIrger
> >
> > Happy to hear you are using bat.
> >
> > On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:24 +0200, Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have just started to use Bacula within our company.
> > >
> > > It's currently running on 2.2.8
> > >
> > > While using Bacula I have noticed several issues:
> > > - The GUI does not update the list of backups that has been run.
> >
> > I'm not sure what specifically you are describing.  In joblist new
> jobs
> > run will appear as they become jobs on a refresh, before they are
> even
> > complete.  This is due to the application querying the database via
> the
> > director.
> Case:
> Bat has been running contineously for some days.
> I am standing in the "Version Browser",
> The "Jobs" list does not show the recent backups. It shows the last
> jobs searched for.
> Without changing any search parameters I press "Refresh". No new jobs
> appear in the "Jobs" part of the "Version Browser" view.
> Then I change the search parameter "Days limit" from 3 to 6 days and
> pres "Refresh". Then I see the jobs done the last few days. (Or I can
> restart the application)

Yes, it is as expected.  If you don't change anything bat assumes you
have changed the check marks in the job list and want to refresh from
those jobs that have been unselected.  If you refresh after changing one
of the criterion, it will select the jobs over again.

All apologies for the delay.

Dirk