Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BAT bugs and enhancements?

2008-04-22 05:59:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BAT bugs and enhancements?
From: Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:34:28 +0200

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for the answer.

I have now tested some more and I'll try to be more accurate.

Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net> wrote on 04/13/2008 02:40:05 PM:

> Hello BIrger
>
> Happy to hear you are using bat.
>
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:24 +0200, Birger.Kollstrand AT devoteam DOT com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have just started to use Bacula within our company.
> >
> > It's currently running on 2.2.8
> >
> > While using Bacula I have noticed several issues:
> > - The GUI does not update the list of backups that has been run.
>
> I'm not sure what specifically you are describing.  In joblist new jobs
> run will appear as they become jobs on a refresh, before they are even
> complete.  This is due to the application querying the database via the
> director.

Case:
Bat has been running contineously for some days.
I am standing in the "Version Browser",

The "Jobs" list does not show the recent backups. It shows the last jobs searched for.
Without changing any search parameters I press "Refresh". No new jobs appear in the "Jobs" part of the "Version Browser" view.
Then I change the search parameter "Days limit" from 3 to 6 days and pres "Refresh". Then I see the jobs done the last few days. (Or I can restart the application)

Is this as expected? I see that the text under the "Refresh" button changes when I change/update a parameter.

> > - The GUI is sometimes unreadable as it get very little space for the
> > different outputs, backup runs, directory tree, files , versions
> >
> > Is this known issues or is there an interest in bug reports on these?
>
> Look for the splitters.  It is known that sometimes on an upgrade a
> splitter will be against the side of the application and will need to be
> grabbed to make a widget visible.  The idea in the version browser is
> that the splitters give the user the decision of which widgets to make
> what size.

Could it be an ide to have the some of th data as tabs? For instance the "Page Selector" as tabs?

I have also noticed that the help documentation is not available. Is this something that I can assist with? It would be good for a Bacula newbee like me to have some "mouseover" help popping up on parameters. It will help me search the online documentation when I have something to relate to.

Kind Regards

BIrger Kollstrand
Devoteam Telecom AS
Norway