Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migration from Arkeia, Other Questions

2008-04-30 21:19:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migration from Arkeia, Other Questions
From: "Thomas Krwawecz III" <tom AT bluegravity DOT com>
To: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:19:30 -0400
Are you sure? I just found this in the manual while configuring director:

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html

---------------------
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = <number>

Please note that the Volume format becomes much more complicated with
multiple simultaneous jobs, consequently, restores can take much longer if
Bacula must sort through interleaved volume blocks from multiple
simultaneous jobs. This can be avoided by having each simultaneously running
job write to a different volume or by using data spooling, which will first
spool the data to disk simultaneously, then write each spool file to the
volume in sequence.

Thomas Krwawecz III
--
Blue Gravity Communications, Inc.
3495 Haddonfield Rd, Suite 6

Toll Free: 1-877-8 HOSTING
Tel: (856) 662-9100, Fax: (856) 662-9101
Web: http://www.bluegravity.com