Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error when saving the catalog

2008-04-28 15:24:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error when saving the catalog
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:56:04 +0300
"Ralf Polakowski" <rpolakowski AT euc DOT de> kirjoitti viestissä
news:4815CB81.9080805 AT euc DOT de...

> when I want to save catalog I get the following error Message from
> bacula-fd:
>
> Could not stat /var/bacula/working/bacula.sql: ERR=No such file or
> directory
>
> The Export File bacula.sql is there in /var/bacula/working. Ready for
> Backup.
> A research in Google was negative. Is there anothere point which I don't
> see.

This file is expected to be created by a run-before-job script of catalog
backup job, and after running the job, the file is deleted by run-after-job
script. So it is expected to exist only during catalog backup job -so it
sounds odd if it exist otherwise.

- the file will be big (depending on your database size), do you have
sufficient disk space to create it?
- if you have just upgraded your system from a very old version, have a look
to script mentioned above if it has changed and writes the file into another
location, I think this change happened during the last year.
- there was a version of bacula some time ago (2.2.x, maybe ...5) that had
some bug with scripts... maybe the run-before- script was run too late or
something like that, I don't remember exactly any more.

I can't guess more without more spesific information...

Regards,
Timo