BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Could Not Open Password File

2017-07-12 23:22:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Could Not Open Password File
From: Akibu Flash <akibuflash AT outlook DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support " <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 03:21:39 +0000

I did a package install of BackupPC 4.1.3 on a Fedora 26 server.  BackupPC appears to be running, though I cannot access it via the CGI interface.  When I check the httpd error log, it states: “Permission denied:  Could not open password file: /etc/BackupPC/apache.users”.  I changed the permissions on /etc/BackupPC/apache.users to rwx for everyone, but this did not solve the problem.  My /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf file contents is below.

<DirectoryMatch /usr/(share|libexec)/BackupPC/>

# BackupPC requires valid authentication in order for the web interface to

# function properly.  One can view the web interface without authentication

# though all functionality is disabled.

#

# htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /etc/BackupPC/apache.users

AuthName "BackupPC"

<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>

  # Apache 2.4

  <RequireAll>

    Require valid-user

    <RequireAny>

      Require local

      Require ip 10.10.10

    </RequireAny>

  </RequireAll>

</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>

  # Apache 2.2

  order deny,allow

  deny from all

  allow from 127.0.0.1

  allow from ::1

  allow from 10.10.10

  require valid-user

</IfModule>

</DirectoryMatch>

Alias           /BackupPC/images        /usr/share/BackupPC/html/

ScriptAlias     /BackupPC               /usr/libexec/BackupPC/BackupPC_Admin

ScriptAlias     /backuppc               /usr/libexec/BackupPC/BackupPC_Admin

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Akibu