BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to backup a laptop over internet

2017-05-22 13:44:42
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to backup a laptop over internet
From: Xuo <xuoy AT free DOT fr>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 19:44:00 +0200
Hi,
I am using BackupPC on my laptop when it is connected to my local
network at home.
But, when I'm not at home (durin the work week), I don't know how to do.
I'm not in some hotels, ... but in another flat (that I rent), where I
have a static IP and where I could open some ports if necessary (ssh, ...).
I think I could define my laptop ip (on my BackupPC server
configuration) using my remote ip adress, but this wouldn't work when I
come back home.

What should I do to perform these backups from my server (located at
home) to my laptop located either on my local network or remotely (on
internet).

Regards.

Xuo.