BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] RPM for BackupPC 4

2017-03-18 11:41:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RPM for BackupPC 4
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 10:40:37 -0500
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I actually plan on starting with a COPR for testing purposes since I don't
> want to automatically start upgrading people. In fact I plan on building
> version 4 on F26, and rawhide only for that reason.

Are you planning to try to make one package that upgrades without
breaking or a separate backuppc4 package so the admin can choose
when/if to upgrade?

My current plan is to update F26 and up to the new version. When you do distro upgrades there's not a requirement that everything works without user intervention.

For F25 and EPEL 6 & 7 I'm thinking of offering a COPR[1] as I'm doubtful that the current package meets the current packaging guidelines, some of which I'm working on for version 4 but ti's been non-trivial to fix.

Thanks,
Richard