BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4

2016-05-18 12:51:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Status on new BackupPC v4
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 11:50:41 -0500
On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Richard Alloway <ralloway AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> I do have some lab resources available to me for standing up and tearing
> down VMs of various OS flavors.
> The resources are not limitless, but more than I have on my personal
> machines.
>
> We've been using puppet and ansible for some of our internal test
> automation.  One or both may be candidates for automated testing of
> BackupPC.

You might want to look at jenkins to manage the automation.  It is
java and might be overkill, but it is pretty great at cross-platform
operations.  It can be triggered by changes in your source control
system and can collate results from different runs in one place for
you.  There are plugins for all sorts of build/test/publish scenarios
if you need them.