BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Slow transfer via rsync?

2015-09-29 17:53:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Slow transfer via rsync?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 23:50:25 +0200
Hi folks,

after digging a lot and perfoming many tests with differents host I
found the issue:
On the firewall there was a traffic shaper activated to optimize WAN
usage. This was set to the previous values of the slow DSL line:
1024kb/s downlink and 384kb/s uplink.
I removed the shaper and the uplink went up to 2.5Mb/s. Even the rsync
transfer now boosts up to 200kb/s which is fine so far.

I did a speedcheck on the line and it appears the downlink is still
limited to 1024kb/s- I have to investigate this now.

But indeed, whatever you guys suggested: it was the line which was the
limit even though I did never expect this.

Thanks so far, if you have further ideas let me know, I will keep you
updated!

/Christian