BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Running BackupPC and Nagios web interfaces from the same box

2014-10-15 14:21:58
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Running BackupPC and Nagios web interfaces from the same box
From: xpac <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:20:39 -0700
So you can find bad advice on the internet... I didn't keep detailed
notes but I'm sure I did not install anything from repositories other
than standard Centos and EPEL, and did not need changes to httpd.conf,
and installing the package should add the needed backuppc user
automatically. I did make the 'allow from All' change to
/etc/httpd/conf.d/Backuppc.conf, followed the advice at the top of
that file to run:
htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername, and added the
matching user name to $Conf{CgiAdminUsers} = in
/etc/BackupPC/config.pl
and after that, I think all necessary changes were done through the
web interface.

You should be running CentOS 6.5 now, not the 6.3 described in that
link, and the packaging may have changed over time, but in the current
version, the aliases in /etc/httpd/conf.d/Backuppc.conf point to a
setuid wrapper that takes care of running the cgi as the backuppc
user.

Agreed about finding bad advice online, I will do some testing with my VMs and
see if I can build it properly from scratch in the manner you mentioned.