BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Running BackupPC and Nagios web interfaces from the same box

2014-10-14 16:16:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Running BackupPC and Nagios web interfaces from the same box
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:15:25 -0500
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:53 PM, xpac <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> I need to know if there is a way to configure the apache conf file so that
> both BackupPC and Nagios web interfaces will be accessible although they are
> running off the same box.
>
> I had BackupPC running fine, but the install instructions had me change the
> httpd.conf file to:
>
> User backuppc
>
> Unfortunately, that breaks a bunch of permissions for the Nagios interface.
> When I change the user back to "apache" Nagios runs fine, but I can't even
> get the BackupPC interface to come up properly.
>
> Is there a way to make it so that the BackupPC interface doesn't have to user
> "backuppc" as the user in httpd.conf?  Or some other way I can do this?

What OS distribution are you using, and are you using their packaged
version of backuppc? Usually you would make the cgi script run setuid
backuppc with support from suid_perl, mod_suid, or a wrapper written
in C, but the details may vary with what your OS provides and allows.