BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc won't backup a remote system

2014-05-27 17:48:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc won't backup a remote system
From: "J.L. Blom" <joep AT neuroweave DOT nl>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 23:46:43 +0200
On 27/05/14 14:04, Remi Verchere wrote:
>> However, in the log on that system I can see that sshd is started but
>> immediately closed.
>> Can somebody give me a clue how to solve this?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Joep
> Hi,
>
> do you have rsync installed on the remote server?

All,
Thanks for the responses. I'll answer below.
XIN, : Yes I can ssh to the remote system;
DAVID: yes I have to give the password;
TAN: No I logged on as the user on that system with the corresponding
password;
         Explain MOTD (?);
REMI: yes that is installed;
TAN: I logged on with backuppc and it asked for the password so I think
that is the problem but how to solve it?
Joep