BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restore two folders at once

2014-05-19 22:25:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restore two folders at once
From: 李欣 <n3228 AT ndensan.co DOT jp>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 11:24:01 +0900
Based on Carl Soderstrom's email,
these are the steps to restore a backup by command line:
  1. create a tar file for the backup in backup server
  2. send this new tar file from backup server to website server
  3. untar the tar file in website server
  4. implement the restore
Are these steps correct?

Is there an easier way to do this job?
I guess there is no command to restore selected files directly in target host like what the CGI does.

Thanks.