BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] restore two folders at once

2014-05-19 09:25:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] restore two folders at once
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:07:01 -0400
On 05/16 07:58 , 李欣 wrote:
> I am backing up two folders,
> let's say /var/A_folder, and /var/www/B_folder.
>
> When I try to restore all the files in two folders,
> I found I need to select and restore all files in one folder,
> and then do the same thing for the other folder.
>
> Is there a way I can restore all files in these two folders at once?

It is possible, if you use the command-line restore tool.
here's an example:

backuppc@backuppc:~$ /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h
server.example.com -n -1 -s / /var/A_folder /var/www/B_folder | dd of=test.tar

This of course should all be on one line, the wrap here is just to fit the
mail.

'dd' is used as an example; I usually use netcat to copy the data stream
(BackupPC_tarCreate makes a data stream which must be captured) to the
machine where the restore should take place.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator