BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Have to set Apache User to BackupPC?

2014-05-15 11:06:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Have to set Apache User to BackupPC?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 10:04:54 -0500
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM, 李欣 <n3228 AT ndensan.co DOT jp> wrote:

> I am trying to install and configure BackupPC on a CentOS 6.3 server by
> following this link:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC
>
> In Configure Apache section,
> it says I have to change User apache to User backupPC.
>
> Do I have to set User to backupPC?
> Is there any way to get around it?
>
> I am trying to backup a local website server,
> and it has to run the website by User apache.

First, it is a somewhat bad idea to run backuppc on the same host as
what you are planning to back up, if that is what you mean about the
other web site.

However,  if you have installed the backuppc package from the EPEL
repository, it should take care of everything for you, including
making the cgi script setuid.    All you should have to do is follow
the instructions in /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf to add the
password(s).