BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size

2013-11-01 10:55:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:54:02 -0500
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Craig O'Brien <cobrien AT fishman DOT com>
wrote:
>> This error shows BackupPC_dump segfault, and pointing to libperl.so
>> How do you install your BackupPC ? From source or from RPM?
>
> I did a yum install backuppc, which got it from epel

Do you see any other segfaults in your logs (not necessarily just from
backuppc)?

>> How many backups are/were you running in parallel?
>
> Typically 4. But when I switched everything to rsync I wanted fulls done on
> all the pc's so I was running up to 8 at a time.

Most machines would get better overall throughput with a max of 2
concurrent runs (depending on a lot of things, of course...).

>> I think that segfault in a perl process needs to be tracked down before
>> expecting anything else to make sense.
>> Either bad RAM or mismatching perl libs could break about anything else.
>
> I installed perl-libs with yum as well. A yum info perl-libs tells me it was
> installed from the updates repo

Have you installed anything from repos other than the CentOS base and
EPEL?  You shouldn't have any trouble with anything from those.