BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Writing archives to external drive

2013-10-15 08:38:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Writing archives to external drive
From: Phil Reynolds <phil-backuppc AT tinsleyviaduct DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:05:14 +0100
I've recently installed BackupPC in an attempt to replace flexbackup
which is no longer supported and has a bug which stops it backing up
parts of my local machine.

BackupPC seems quite capable of backing up my systems, but I want to
write archives to an external drive which I will typically change once
a week (though less often may be possible) - traditionally I have done
full backups on Thursdays in the early hours.

I haven't seen BackupPC write an archive during my testing - maybe I'm
missing some settings?

Are there any suggestions that could make my use of BackupPC in this
way easier, or more practical?

--

Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-backuppc AT tinsleyviaduct DOT com