BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New Pool same issues

2013-08-30 13:40:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New Pool same issues
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:38:54 -0500
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM, MtK - SmartMtK <mtk AT smartmtk DOT com>
wrote:
> I guess it's possible I just rather not do this until:
> 1. I see that the pool works OK (so that du/find/etc work faster than now)
> 2. I completely pin-point NFS as the bottleneck of this.

Do you still have your old filesystem so you can compare the times to
walk with something like 'find . -ctime -1 >/dev/null' (make it read
the inode contents as well as the directories)?   Are you using any of
the exotic ZFS options (compression, dedup, maybe even snapshots)?   I
don't have any experience with ZFS but I think it needs a substantial
amount of RAM.