BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] New Pool same issues

2013-08-30 13:48:26
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] New Pool same issues
From: "MtK - SmartMtK" <mtk AT smartmtk DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 20:46:38 +0300
> Do you still have your old filesystem so you can compare the times to walk
with something like 'find . -ctime -1 >/dev/null' (make it read the inode
contents as well as the directories)?
the old filesystem is still in /var/lib/backuppc.orig, so yes, but again,
it'll take a few days (!)

> Are you using any of the exotic ZFS options (compression, dedup, maybe
even snapshots)?
just compression

> I don't have any experience with ZFS but I think it needs a substantial
amount of RAM.
I have 16GB, it's enough for this task.

Just to be clear again, both ZFS and the ext3 I had locally before behave
the same way.