BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] need help with windows backup

2013-02-28 19:21:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] need help with windows backup
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: upendra.gandhi AT gmail DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:46:08 -0800
The thing that I liked about this implementation (and had it bookmarked for over a year before putting in place) is that it was relatively easy to parse out with a minimum of shell scripting knowledge.  As such, it is easier to comprehend for somebody with a predominantly Windows background.

(Not a knock on Shadowmountrsync, just my comprehension at the time.  Speaking of which, Jeff posted an update to the shadowmountrsync script to the list recently, if you're interested)

Anyways, since the scripts aren't very long, it makes it easier to understand the chain of events that make it all happen as there isn't a ton to debug.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM, upen <upendra.gandhi AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net> wrote:
> auth.sh needs to contain a valid user for the client machine (usually with
> administrative privileges), as compared to the rsyncd user auths.  It is
> then used to remotely kick off scripts on the client side (as the user
> specified in auth.sh).

Thanks for that information.