BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts

2013-01-16 11:15:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:13:51 -0600
> No, the main problem I've had is with winexe timeout on one specific
> destination machine, however, I'm pretty sure that is a networking issue
> (ie, there seems to be a flaky DSL connection in the way). I've tried to
> add a few things to detect the timeout and kill winexe (because it
> doesn't seem to timeout by itself), but this doesn't always work.
> Sometimes, backuppc ends up launching multiple copies (one attempt per
> backup window), which I login and kill manually.
>
> Regards,
> Adam

To alleviate that sort of problem, I use this snippet (from my preusercmd
script):

--

$WINEXE --interactive=0 -U $UNAME -W $WRKGRP --password=$PWD //$BOX 'cmd
/c c:\backuppc\pre-exec.cmd' <&- &

--

Note that I close stdin -- beats me why, but if I don't do this, winexe
has a tendency to run away occasionally.