BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] newbie: backupPC installed ok, but trouble with 1st backup

2012-11-24 01:14:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] newbie: backupPC installed ok, but trouble with 1st backup
From: Matthew Grob <mgrob AT grobfamily DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:13:01 -0800

Great points and I sure agree.  Actually It's not me blocking ICMP - seems it's blocked outside of my control, not exactly sure where,
but I can't ping between the machines - they are not on the same subnet - in fact I can't ping _any_ machine that is outside
the subnet, so that why I believe ICMP is being blocked by the ISP - and could be an issue for other backupPC-ers.

I'm using IPv4 right now.

So I've got the PingCMD essentially disabled, which allows backupPC to proceed, but it's not I think a good long
term solution for reasons mentioned on this thread.

Btw thanks everyone for your replies - seems there is a great community here.  I'm hoping to add a few new converts
to join the fun here, if I can get things to work.    The next issue I'm facing is to get the BackupFilesOnly feature to work -
will send that on a separate thread if I can't get it to work soon (right now it's backing up everything despite me specifying otherwise)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@ar...> - 2012-11-23 21:23

Attachments: signature.asc