BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] newbie: backupPC installed ok, but trouble with 1st backup

2012-11-23 16:25:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] newbie: backupPC installed ok, but trouble with 1st backup
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:22:33 +0100
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 21:14:53 -0800 Matthew Grob <mgrob AT grobfamily DOT org>
wrote:

> THANKS.   I'm not sure I would have figured that one out.  ICMP is
> often blocked these days so I would think this may be a common issue
> for backupPC?

Which is an interesting future we face there.

With IPv6 you have to have ICMP enabled, otherwise you won't get far...

So, if you are blocking ICMP-Ping to "hide", think again and make your
systems secure so you don't have to hide. Its the future and the right
thing.