BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives

2012-10-26 13:40:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives
From: dixieadmin <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:38:56 -0700
I figured Mike Lisell's response would be the answer but wanted to doubly
confirm that the pool is the spinal cord of BackupPC and missing with it is not
cool.  I am not really worried about any further configuration.  The only thing
I will do beyond this is to clone the external harddrive on a monthly basis.
Here is the breakdown currently of my backup regiment.

1) The Server is built on 2 drives in a mirror config
2) The data via BackupPC configured on an external harddrive
3) The server is cloned every 6 months
3) The data on the server is also rsync'd to another internal server, Server A
4) Server A has a 2 drive mirror config
5) Server A also uses 2 external drives that are interchanged weekly
6) Now I will also clone the external drive at (2) since there is no good
reason to break the pool as suggested so I will just keep one external
harddrive connected to that system permanently.

*I think the redundancy here is good but if anybody has any suggestions please
opine.

Thanks...  :D