BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives

2012-10-25 12:12:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives
From: "Richard Zimmerman" <rzimmerman AT riverbendhose DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:52:27 -0400

This is the method I would recommend.

I have BackupPC running on a dedicated machine using a 1 tb hard drive w/ 538gb used.

I shutdown the BackupPC server, reboot using Clonezilla, image the drive, reboot

@ 538gb it takes just over 4 hours to complete the process. Being this is a dedicated machine, I take it down in the am, back it up and return it to service. Normally, I do not run backups during the day so to not slow down my end users.

FWIW,

Richard