BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives

2012-10-25 09:11:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Any procedure for using 2 external harddrives
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:10:06 -0400
On 10/24/2012 12:41 PM, dixieadmin wrote:
> I am currently using BackupPC 3.2.1 on SME Server 8.0.  I wanted to know if
> there is a correct procedure for using 2 different external harddrives as a
> backup source and to interchange them weekly?

Your question is a bit vague.

"external"... usb? esata?  iscsi?  nas?

"backup source" ... Are you backing up to or from these harddrives?
"source" would seem to mean you are backing up the data from the drive,
but in that case, the location and type of drive doesn't usually matter.

"interchange them weekly" ... Are you referring to having a 2-drive
mirror and replacing one weekly?  Or having one drive connected at a
time and swapping them out weekly?  Or having both drives connected and
swapping both out for 2 different drives weekly?

Be more specific with what you are trying to do and we can help.

--
Bowie