BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice

2012-06-06 14:39:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] CmdQueueNice
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:38:23 -0500
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky
<backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org> wrote:

> I am able to achieve most of what you wish by doing most of my
> customization in the individual host-specific config files since
> variables set there override variables set in config.pl
>
> Alternatively, one could add a line of perl code at the end of the
> master config.pl file to source a set of customizations that would
> again overwrite the defaults. Then after an upgrade, you would only
> need to add back that sourcing line

That's an interesting idea.  I'm not sure how debian/ubuntu packages
deal with local changes vs. updates, but the RedHat way of thinking
seems to be to put the local changes in /etc/sysconfig/program_name
and have the packaged app source that somehow during startup.